in aid of
Buxton Mountain Rescue Quiz 12. in aid of Buxton Mountain Rescue
Closed: 1509667200 (1509667200)
2. Cherry Willingham.
4. Saffron Walden.
7. Brownbread Street.
10. Bryan?s Green.
12. Blue Bell Hill.
16. Golden Balls.
19. Red Roses
23. Chestnut Street.
24. Little Plumpton.
30. Darby Green.
33. Queen Camel.
35. Canary Wharf.
36. Orange Row.
38. Creamore Bank.
39. Ginger?s Green.
43. Snow Lea.
44. Pinkie Braes.
51. Olive Mount.
53. Bufflers Holt.
58. Coffee Hall.
60. Amen Corner.
Qu.26, I allowed Almondbury/Hazelbank/Hazelbeach & Hazelgrove as alternative answers.
Whilst there isn?t a follow on quiz I am looking at compiling one for possibly Spring 2018. Once ready I will contact everyone for whom I have email addresses but please don?t feel compelled to purchase, if you do not want to partake in any future quizzes either reply asking not to be contacted again or delete. I will of course enter full details on the Fundraising and AnswerBank sites and local newspapers.
Total sales for this quiz plus extra donations amounted to £229 and now makes a running total of £2694, an amount I couldn?t have achieved without your ongoing support, so a huge Thank You to you all.
Winner of £10 prize drawn out of 'all correct' returned sheets: Mr Steve Giffard. Manselton. Swansea.
Winner of £5 prize picked at random from 'all' returned sheets: Mrs. Lynne Minion. Bolton. Lancs.
Congratulations to both.
TRAINS, BOATS AND PLANES in aid of THE BIG C
Closed: 1509148800 (1509148800)
TRAINS, BOATS AND PLANES ? ANSWERS
We would like to thank all of you who bought the quiz - you raised £516, which is greatly appreciated. The standard of answers was, as usual, very high. The winner is K. TYLER, LEICESTER, who had all answers correct. Congratulations!
Many thanks to our friends at home and abroad who helped us sell it, online quiz sites, and also our regular stockists:
ALBY GARAGE; M.F. BARNWELL & SON, AYLSHAM; COXFORDS BUTCHERS, AYLSHAM; DEERS MEAD AND DEERS GLADE CARAVAN SITES; EAST RUNTON BUTCHERS; ELITE CABS, NORTH WALSHAM; THE BIG C CHARITY SHOPS IN CROMER AND SHERINGHAM, THE COTTAGE, CROMER; THE HAIG CLUB, MUNDESLEY; WEST RUNTON SOCIAL CLUB; THE VILLAGE INN, WEST RUNTON. We couldn?t do it without your help!
1. First craft? NOAH'S ARK
2. Dear me! Didn't get her stout! OH MR. PORTER
3. Miserable in the raincoats! THE BLUE MAX
4. The exciting experience with Greek god! THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE
5. Behave like a dragon! SPITFIRE
6. Push in rudely? BARGE
7. Feeling of harmony? CONCORDE
8. Looking dirty! DINGHY
9. The one that got away! RUNAWAY TRAIN
10. Tin, in a western border river? CATAMARAN
11. Marine has received message! (jolly=marine) JOLLY ROGER
12. Idle talk, sweet on a train! (nougat) CHATTANOOGA CHOO CHOO
13. Position former journalists? ORIENT EXPRESS
14. Meaner prison! (tighter, nick) TITANIC
15. Drink with shearer! TEA CLIPPER
16. Dapper idiot! (Howard Hughes' plane) SPRUCE GOOSE
17. Mother has got fat! MALLARD
18. The race for old ammunition? THE CANNONBALL RUN
19. Badly functioning toilets! (naughty, loos) NAUTILUS
20. Jock is airborne! THE FLYING SCOTSMAN
21. History of Greek letter? THE LIFE OF PI
22. Two transports for goods? FREIGHT TRAIN, FREIGHT TRAIN
23. Where in the court we hit our tennis ball to! IN WHICH WE SERVE
24. Like an Irish racecourse? CURRAGH
25. Fairground ride? GHOST TRAIN
26. Hasten to stick! HURRICANE
27. A waterproof substance? (a wax) AWACS
(AIRBORNE WARNING AND CONTROL SYSYEM)
28. Father's footwear! DAS BOOT
29. Exemplary railroad! MODEL RAILWAY
30. Able to withstand a cruise ship! CANBERRA
31. Arrive at junction? COMET
32. Almost happy, got up! MARY ROSE
33. Heavens! Air for craft! THE SKYE BOAT SONG
34. Cautious! (wary) WHERRY
35. Early metropolitan transport? MORNINGTOWN RIDE
36. Gromit, perhaps! BEAGLE
37. The search for autumn colour? THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
38. Chief weapon? TOP GUN
39. Wrecker! DESTROYER
40. The escape of the mythical bird? THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX
41. Nefertiti, for example? THE AFRICAN QUEEN
42. Safe haven for jewels? PEARL HARBOUR
43. Protection against loss ? twice! DOUBLE INDEMNITY
44. What woodpeckers do! (peck wood) PEQUOD
45. Lack of road for Nevil? (book by Nevil Shute) NO HIGHWAY
46. Abducted! KIDNAPPED
47. More peculiar child going by rail? STRANGERS ON A TRAIN
48. Always finish! (end, ever) ENDEAVOUR
49. The occasional attempt! (odd, essay) THE ODYSSEY
50. The final goodbye! THE LAST FAREWELL
As you know, this is our final quiz. We would like to thank all of you who bought them over the last ten years, and we hope you've had a lot of fun with them.
If you have any queries, or would like to use our previous quizzes for your own fundraising, please do get in touch with us at:
Keep Moat, The Street, Erpingham, Norfolk NR11 7QB
Best wishes to you all,
Anna and Glyn Osgothorpe